Re: python 2.7 in wheezy / removal messages without reason

Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian@joonet.de> writes:

> But nevertheless I had to analyse the removing of my package (duply).
> After a while

Why did it take so long? Aptitude shows immediately that ‘duply’ was to
be removed because ‘duplicity’ was to be removed; and looking one step
further, that ‘duplicity’ was to be removed because the available
version has a dependency on “python (< 2.7)”.

> I saw the reason was duplicity - but why? Until now I don't know the
> deeper reason - and I haven't found the reason on debian-devel.

The tools available on your system can show the reason. Is there another
question you have that I'm not getting?

--
 \       “As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are |
  `\    not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer |