RFC: Adding "Pre-Depends: libtinfo5" to libncurses5

Hi,

as requested in bug #631592[1], we (ncurses maintainers) are going to
split out a new library package named libtinfo5 from the ncurses source
package and link both libncurses5 and libncursesw5 against that library.
This raises a small problem for upgrades from previous libncurses5
versions:

If the new libncurses5 is unpacked before libtinfo5, there is a time
window during which programs using symbols that have been moved to
libtinfo5 will not be able to start.  Since this includes bash, that
could be rather bad, especially if bash is /bin/sh.

To rule out this possibility, I would like to add an unversioned
"Pre-Depends: libtinfo5" to libncurses5.  In my tests, apt did install
libtinfo5 before unpacking the replacement libncurses5 anyway, so this
is mostly meant as a safety guard against an unlikely situation.  I do
not expect any upgrade problems to arise from that Pre-Dependency.

Comments welcome,
Sven

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=631592