Re: DEP5: proposed versioned url for Format: does not work

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 03:34:22PM +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> This is a minor issue,but I would propose to change it to
>   http://svn.debian.org/viewvc/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?revision=REVISION
> if the Format field should point to a specific svn version of the
> document. However, as far as I understand from [1,2], one might expect a
> more readable and stable url as soon as #609160 is fixed.

DEP5 is in the process of being incorporated into the debian-policy
package, and once that is finished, there will be a stable URL to
the spec (with a version number in the URL), something like

    http://www.debian.org/debian-policy/copyright-format/1.0/

(But don't use that, since it's not working and might be different
from the real one when it actually happens.)

Prior to that, I prefer to not change the spec to incorporate
ever-growing numbers of example URLs (especially since when we
did that, people complained about that, too).

Until that happens, please use whatever URL you like. I use
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ myself.

--
Freedom-based blog/wiki/web hosting: http://www.branchable.com/