Re: Spending Debian money for porter boxes

]] Mike Hommey

| Speaking of which. It would also totally be an appropriate use of Debian
| money to get new porter boxes that fit the buildds. Most of the non x86
| porter boxes are pathetically slow, which is even sadder when you know
| the buildd boxes for the same architectures are an order of magnitude
| faster (and I'm almost not exagerating).

The ones you mentioned on IRC were sparc and powerpc.  PowerPC is
getting an extra debian.net porterbox as we speak, this one being a quad
2.5GHz G5 with 6G memory and 500G disk.  (It'll run a buildbot for
Varnish so it won't be a DSA machine.)

Thanks a lot to Jan Ingvoldstad and Domainnameshop.com for giving me
the machine so I can make it available as a porter box.

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen