Re: A few observations about systemd

]] Robert Millan

| <quote>
| If portability was made a mandatory requirement for an init system to
| be adopted,
| would the systemd porters be willing to implement everything needed
| to support on non-Linux ports the packages using a non-traditional init
| configuration, in the way they consider appropriate and without causing
| a significant burden on the port maintainers?
| I think that a clear statement from the systemd maintainers about this
| would help concluding this debate.
| </quote>

Implement?  Sure, I'd be willing to do that or at least help
out. Maintain it for a port I don't use, indefinitively?  Probably not.

I asked a similar question to Md's and didn't get any response about
whether there was any interest whatsoever from the kFreeBSD people, so I
think his question is entirely appropriate.

I think I've said similar things earlier in the thread too, but maybe it
hasn't been phrased clearly enough for you to pick up on it.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen