Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala@pp1.inet.fi> writes:

> Upstart is still used in Ubuntu but doesn't seem to have much future
> elsewhere.  There's quite a lot of interest in systemd for Debian too,
> whereas I've seen few people express interest in Upstart.

Funny, my personal experience has been the exact opposite, including the
conversations that I had in-person at the last Debconf.

> The interest is especially low when you consider Debian's ties with
> Ubuntu and people who only care about Upstart because of that.

This is completely false.  I have no affiliation whatsoever with Ubuntu
and personally have no interest in using it.  Nonetheless, I think upstart
looks quite interesting

systemd also looks interesting, and I'm generally happy with either of
them as possibilities, I'm rather concerned by systemd's lack of interest
in portability.  The upstart maintainers have expressed considerably more
willingness to date to work with Debian on meeting our project's goals and
incorporating those changes into the upstream release.