Re: A few observations about systemd

On Jul 20, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> Having concluded from this thread that 1) kfreebsd is important to
> Debian and 2) systemd is important for Debian, the question cannot be
I think that both statements are not so much obvious, but anyway...

> which one we choose between the two, but HOW we achieve both with the
> least pain possible.
A more interesting question is: if systemd or upstart were adopted,
would the kFreeBSD porters be willing to implement everything needed
to support on their ports the packages using a non-traditional init
configuration, in the way they consider appropriate and without causing
a significant burden on the other ports?
I think that a clear statement from the kFreeBSD porters about this
would help concluding this debate.

--
ciao,
Marco