Re: A few observations about systemd

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Gergely Nagy <algernon@balabit.hu> wrote:
[...]
> (Personally, I like the patch systemd path best, and time and skill
> permitting, I'd be happy to help, if so need be.)

While that may sound attractive at first, I don't think it's
technically possible at all at the moment. It's not a simple
portability problem, systemd relies on very complex Linux-specific
stuff. I think implementing all the required stuff would be an effort
comparable to implementing something like KMS or GEM or Gallium3D on
FreeBSD. It's simply not something a distribution could be concerned
with, so I don't think it would be realistic to consider this an
option. That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.