Re: Order of dpkg triggers

Joachim Breitner wrote:
Hi,

just wondering: Is there a way to ensure the ordering of dpkg trigger
runs? In my case, I’d like to ensure that the ghc trigger is always run
before the ghc-doc trigger, if both packages are installed, to avoid a
warning. (The packages do not directly depend on each other.)

Thanks,
Joachim

i'm not a maintainer but...

deb-triggers(6), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz

if I remember correctly

	T the trigger pkg with do_triggers() awaits I and
	  it's code deals with misorder in I pkgs "if it needs to"

	I the interested pkg has no idea which other pkgs may be in I without
	  having checked (i didn't say checking was easy, nope)

of course if Ctrl-C gets hit that's another dimension :) there is real system state / what is logged in drive too.

just trying to help,  John