Re: apt-get update MD5Sum mismatch

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 03:43:19 +0200
Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo, le Sun 26 Jun 2011 11:37:29 +1000, a écrit :
> > Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > > ftp.us.debian.org is a mirror. Which is probably using old
> > > scripts.
> >
> > Do you have a link to something that explains this problem and where
> > the updated scripts are located so I can forward that to my ISP?
>
> Nothing to do with your ISP, it's ftp.us.debian.org which has a
> problem.

Nothing to do with ftp.us.d.o either I would recon.

This issue has cropped up in IRC a few times today^Wyesterday.
And when it happened, switching mirrors apparently didn't help.

It might have had something to do with the 6.0.2 release, but that's
speculation on my part.

Using apt-get instead of aptitude helped in at least one case.
Cleaning apt cache, if necessary manually, might be a solution.

--
nyov

[#debian] < little> nyov u r legend man :) :P