Re: Please reconsider public vcs naming on alioth

Bernd Zeimetz writes ("Re: Please reconsider public vcs naming on alioth"):
> On 05/27/2011 02:51 PM, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> >> That means you can no longer commit to git.d.o, so you'll have to use
> >> git-commit.d.o or something similar for pushes.
> >
> > Would you expect to be able to push to git.debian.org?
>
> Yes. It is easy to remember and personally I fail to understand why it
> should not be possible to find a sane way to make it available.

The question is, if the alioth admins find it difficult, which is more
important: anonymous pull and/or gitweb from git.debian.org, or ssh
push to git.debian.org ?

I think the answer is obviously the former.  Someone who pushes to a
repo already needs to know about it, set up keys, etc.  A visitor who
just wants to download may know nothing and just guess urls.

Ian.