Re: Conditional Recommends

I demand that Carsten Hey may or may not have written...

[snip]
> The third example with indirections would have advantages if one l10n
> package contains the translations for multiple packages (which seems to
> be planned).

... which is something which, as upstream for a few packages, I'm not keen on
(AFAIK, Ubuntu do this). Particularly if, as seems to be the case with
Ubuntu, this leads to translations not being passed upstream or, if they are,
they're passed without proper attribution (which I will reject with
prejudice).

If they think that upstream should go and fetch translations from them, well,
I don't want to know: again, no obvious way to get properly-attributed diffs.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt  | linux or ds at  | nr. Ashington, |  _  ASCII ribbon
| using Debian | youmustbejoking | Northumberland | ( ) campaign against
| GNU/Linux    | ,demon,co,uk    |                |  X  HTML e-mail
                                                    / \ www.asciiribbon.org
Many are called, few volunteer.