Re: Sponsorship in Debian (Re: Ubuntu-originated packages in Debian (Re: ubuntu keyring?))

[Arno Töll, 2011-05-20]
> I know and I provided everyone willing to sponsor me a comprehensive
> change log where I explain what I did and why, altogether with a diff
> outlining all changes when compared to the previous version.

good, let me know when you will need an upload of something Python
related :-)

> All I wanted is
> to outline, the current procedure seems not to work that good in
> some/many(?) cases.

I do not read mentors list that often anymore mostly because a lot of
packages there are not even lintian clean (no to mention that most
packagers didn't read docs... because they're too long and there are too
many of them, "try and error" is just easier...) so when I sponsor a NEW
package now, it usually comes from someone I sponsored already (see
question #4 from my FAQ) or from PAPT/DPMT team member.

I think debexpo could improve the situation thanks to review system
(I'd love to be able to filter requests with at least X positive reviews
or with a positive review from someone I trust, but who is not a DD yet
or from someone I sponsored before and marked as prospective maintainer)
--
http://people.debian.org/~piotr/sponsor