Re: Anyone looking at darcs?

Hi,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 01:39:11PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 13:00, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You are sharing good info, but you could have been more kind.

I guess Tshepang meant "kind" = "hand holding".

The burden of learning such basics lies with the contributor.  Lack of
such due diligence is not so welcomed. Although Sandro made a very
terse explanation from a point of view of normal life, I consider his
effort to be very informative one.  I consider this to be "kind" but
"terse".

> from a guy (co)maintaining 22 packages in main you could expect more
> than that. and where was rudeness? should I add flowers and kisses to
> emails?

Maybe Sandro did not need some "sarcasm" in his reply but I fully
understand his feeling and I support him ... I think here is a typical
gap of expectation around Debian.  In order to reduce this kind of
tension, I recently added few reminders in mant-guide as "Social
dynamics of Debian".

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/start.en.html#socialdynamics

Friendly cooperation is the driving force.
 * Your contribution should not overstrain others.
 * Your contribution is valuable only when others appreciate it.

Debian is not your school where you get automatic attention of teachers.
 * You should be able to learn many things by yourself.
 * Attention from other volunteers is a very scarce resource.

Osamu