Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 08:23 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> > Could you please give a concrete example of where this would be needed?
> > I think all existing cases should be covered by uploading directly to
> > either t-p-u or unstable.
>
> Use case:
> During freeze, there's a library transition in unstable, and a new
> upstream version in unstable. You want to get the new upstream version
> into rolling (not testing), but you can't because it would pull the
> whole transition.

You don’t need to pull the whole transition, that’s the point of my
proposal. You just need to put the library being transitioned and your
package.

> So you need a way to upload the new upstream version linked against the
> libraries in rolling.

Alternatively, if testing is so broken you need that new upstream
version and it can build against the testing libraries, you can use
testing-proposed-updates - in all cases, for both testing and rolling, a
targeted fix being preferable.

--
.''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :