Re: Integrating aptosid?

On 03/05/11 at 15:05 +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> aptosid is just an example, I don't even know the distro, they may not
> be the best choice, I just try to find alternates ideas. Note that I
> don't think it takes more than 10 people to do the rolling distro like
> Joss propose it: snapshot unstable every month and fix the worst
> breakages. It takes more than 10 people to do the same in testing
> because each individual fix is tangled in the migration issue, hence
> rapidly needs to update things that are at first totally unrelated to be
> fixed too first.

By proposing to provide a snapshot every month, you are proposing a
different point in the "quality/up-to-date-ness" compromise map. This
compromise looks less appealling to me than the "rolling==testing" or
the aptosid ones.

Also, are you aware of the monthly snapshots built by Michael Gilbert?
See http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/04/msg00397.html

- Lucas