Re: wanna-build / how to sort packages on buildds?

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 01:36:38AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I have a problem I need to solve in perl within wanna-build:
>
> Sometimes we have a few packages we don't want to build on a certain
> buildds. Sometimes this is because this package needs lots of ram. Or
> it takes quite long and would waste the parallel building a machine
> supports. Or whatever else. Of course a package could be in more than
> one category.
>
> Now, what I would like to do is to write that down in a central file
> with categories.

I would have to echo the sentiment that storing this information in
the database is probably a better idea.

I just wanted to add that if you would like more statistics reporting
for this purpose, I'll be happy to add that to sbuild.  Currently we
only really report build time and disc space.  If you want additional
data such as number of cores used, memory/swap usage and other resource
usage, I'll be happy to add them to the sbuild summary stats.  Actually
measuring those might be a bit trickier though, especially on machines
running parallel builds.

Regards,
Roger

--