On Saturday 30 April 2011 17:36:09 Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 04/30/2011 04:24 PM, George Danchev wrote:
> >> - add a new 'frozen' suite, used only during freezes, to prepare
> >> the next stable release
> >
> > So, if I need to fix an RC bug during the freeze, I'll upload to
> > unstable, then release managers wait for it to enter rolling and
> > cherry-pick it from there; or do they cherry-pick directly from
> > unstable, skipping rolling; or do they cherry-pick from as they find
> > fit in a mixed fashion.
>
> Better. Quite rapidly, we won't be able to cherry-pick from rolling
> (which is what we used to do up to now). And, the proposal is to ask
> maintainers to upload the fixed package to $codename-proposed-updates.

That work flow might easily morph in spagnetti, as chances are high that the
maintainer has to upload a fix package to $codename-proposed-updates and
hopefully another one for sid, where the version might be ever newer (odds are
high for a different fix), in order to keep sid in sync, because stuff from sid
flows into rolling... and then again the fix in sid will lag behind. We won't
rename sid as 'stalling' at some point, right :-)

(no need to CC, I'm subscribed, cheers.)

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>