Re: Multiarch, policy and cross-compiler libraries for non-Debian architectures

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:46:10 +0100, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 22:46 +0100, Wookey wrote:
> [...]
> > I do think that getting the 'win32' arch name and triplet defined in
> > dpkg-architecture is stage 1 for you. I thought we'd already done that
> > years ago, when this last came up, but obviously not.
> > dpkg-architecture already supports 269 options including such
> > not-very-useful combinations as uclibc-linux-s390 and solaris-alpha,
> > so it really ought to know about the win32 and win64 ABIs. It's
> > generally a very simple patch to a few tables in dpkg to add a new arch.
> [...]
>
> By the way, it should be something like 'win32-i386' rather than just
> 'win32'.  The non-x86 ports of NT 3.x and 4.0 are not really relevant
> but an ARM port of Windows is supposed to be coming soon.

That's an excellent point, and the dpkg proposal in
http://bugs.debian.org/606825 takes care of it.

% dpkg-architecture -amingw64-arm
dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type arm-w64-mingw32 does not match gcc system type i486-linux-gnu.
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i386
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU=i386
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_BITS=32