Re: Multiarch, policy and cross-compiler libraries for non-Debian architectures

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 22:46 +0100, Wookey wrote:
[...]
> I do think that getting the 'win32' arch name and triplet defined in
> dpkg-architecture is stage 1 for you. I thought we'd already done that
> years ago, when this last came up, but obviously not.
> dpkg-architecture already supports 269 options including such
> not-very-useful combinations as uclibc-linux-s390 and solaris-alpha,
> so it really ought to know about the win32 and win64 ABIs. It's
> generally a very simple patch to a few tables in dpkg to add a new arch.
[...]

By the way, it should be something like 'win32-i386' rather than just
'win32'.  The non-x86 ports of NT 3.x and 4.0 are not really relevant
but an ARM port of Windows is supposed to be coming soon.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings