i386 ISO also installing kernel for AMD64 (Squeeze)

Dear sirs,
I think there's something not entirelly clear to me and perhaps to some other people, because I couldn't find any solution to my problem.

I have downloaded an i386 ISO for Squeeze (6.0.1a) and used the same media to perform installation on 2 different machines.
 On the first one I got a perfect i686  and on the other an  AMD64  kernel. presumibly, my media is not mult-arch.

One problem I have felt so far is about Virtualbox OSE, which brings a kernel problem while installing from Debian Packages.

Best Regards,
André.