Re: "Python2.6 as default"

Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

> [Michael Gilbert, 2011-04-13]
> > Can't that be solved in the release notes when that happens?  Something
> > like:
> >
> >     python3 is now the default /usr/bin/python, so if you have existing
> >     python2 scripts you will need to make sure to use /usr/bin/python2
> >     instead (or convert them to python3).
> IMO we can change /usr/bin/python to point to python3 once Python 2.X
> will no longer be supported by Debian, not sooner (as local scripts with
> #!/usr/bin/python shebang would stop working anyway)

I think it makes more sense to have a release or two where users can
fall back on python2.  Well there needs to be at least one
where /usr/bin/python becomes python3 alerting users to the change and
giving them the python2 fallback, just so they have time to be prepared
for the permanent change.

Best wishes,