Python 3 as default? (Re: "Python2.6 as default")

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 01.22:55 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> The notion that /usr/bin/python pointing to any python3 version in the
> near term is anything other than crazy talk is, well, crazy.

Agreed. However, it would be interesting to track which of the bg/major
python packages/frameworks are not available on Python3 yet, if only as a
reference for the next time somebody proposes to have /usr/bin/python be a
Python 3.

http://wiki.debian.org/Python/Python3Packages

It's not complete by far, but I guess the fact that django, a big part of
zope and pylons are all three not available for Python 3 yet (upstream, not
only packages) should serve to illustrate the point.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Jetzt ist der Herr Bush Präsident, und weil ihm wieder langweilig ist,
will er endlich den Saddam loswerden. Der Herr Bush hat nämlich keine