Re: plan to clean up unstable

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 06:45:54PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:

> I plan to remove very old source packages from unstable. The actual
> algorithm will be:

> from all source packages that have more than 1 versions in unstable:
> remove all of them that have version < newest_version and that have been
> uploaded before 2009.

> A full list is available from
> <http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/pre-lenny.txt>. Architecture
> 'all' has been excluded for technical reasons but will be removed, too.
> More than 200 source packages are affected.

> Please let me know if you see any problem.

Only that I had a hard time understanding what you were talking about
removing. :-)  I was worried that you meant you wanted to remove all source
packages that have new upstream versions available and have not been
uploaded since 2009...  evidently that is not what you have in mind!

I agree, dropping binaries from old source versions so that we can prune the
sources is a good idea.