Re: Bash-completion with triggers

A quick update...

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:16:20 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> The trigger is going to happen very often (like the man-db one) and
> with a 10s impact it's very noticable...

I think the time spent was the major objection, so I stripped it down to...

$ time ./update-bash-completion
bash-completion: updating completion symlinks... done.

real	0m0.225s
user	0m0.148s
sys	0m0.020s
$

Now, with that time spent, I suppose the objections against triggers would be
fewer and less important. Am I wrong? :)
I must say I'm a bit uncomfortable with APT-hooks, since the update script
would then be run even for packages with no executable at all (lib*, python-*,
and so on). So, I still prefer a file-trigger.

However, if I get objections again, I will just use hooks, and do what the
community prefers :)

Kindly,
David

--