Re: Bash-completion with triggers

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> On 2011-04-07 18:15, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Dpkg::Post-Invoke would be the right (best available) one. That would
> > call your trigger after every dpkg invocation [...]
>
> This is not true, 'Dpkg::*-Invoke' script chain are called once
> before/after all dpkg invocations.

Ah, good to know. I thought the same than Goswin and did not verify it.

I guess the existence of Dpkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs led me to believe that
the difference with Dpkg::Pre-Invoke would be the number of time it's run
when in fact it's only the data passed to the program that changes...
since both are called at the same place in the code.

Thanks for correcting our mistakes!

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer