Re: Back to technical discussion? Yes! (was: network-manager as default? No!)

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 06:35:19PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 06:52:05PM +0400, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> > Sould not there be an option to select between the old network configuration
> > and NM?
>
> Nowhere have I seen it argued that NM will be the *only* networking solution
> for Debian going forward, merely the *default* one.  In other words, yes, there
> should be an option: just like there is now.

I mean that such an option should be available from within the
installer (at least in the expert mode) at the stage of the initial
network configuration, if network-manager is going to replace ifupdown
in this stage.

--
Stanislav