Re: "expected stable-updates but got squeeze-updates"

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 22:38 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 20:45 +0000, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> > Using the following in sources.list:
> > deb ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security/ stable/updates main contrib
> > non-free
> > deb-src ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security/ stable/updates main
> > contrib non-free
>
> The above is not related to the warning below.  Compare the server names
> and suite names between the two.
Why not? It's the place where I set the suite name?!

> It's not really either of those, but rather due to your sources.list
> containing an entry for debian-mirror.lrz.de for the "stable-updates"
> suite.  However, the suite is actually called "squeeze-updates", and
> that's therefore what appears in the Release file.  Changing
> sources.list to point at squeeze-updates instead should make the warning
> go away.
But then, why do we have those symlinks at all?
And it's quite handy IMHO that one can just use stable and get the
current stable suite.
The same should work for the volatile replacement.

Cheers,
Chris.