Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:27:15PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:56:28AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > - The long standing project of enabling autosigning for the buildds also
> >   got finished. That means that packages successfully built can now be
> >   uploaded automatically, without waiting for the buildd admin to wake
> >   up/come back from holiday/whatever.
>
> Fantastic news.  What's the expected turnaround time between building
> and having it available in incoming/the main archive?

It gets moved to the upload directory directly after it has been
built and signed.  Every 15 minutes the buildd-uploader is run
from cron.  From there on, it's the same time for all uploads.

After it's uploaded the queue deamon needs to process
the upload to move it from the upload queue to unchecked, as far
as I know this happens every 5 minutes.  Then every 15 minutes
unchecked gets processed and it's accepted (or rejected, moved to NEW).
This unchecked processing doesn't happen while dinstall is
running.

Once it's accepted it's visible on incoming.debian.org, and the
buildds will also have access to it.  You'll have to wait for
the next dinstall and mirror pushes before it's on your mirror.

Kurt