Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

Hi,

are there any news about leaf packages and the new field "mainpackage:"?
If so, will Wheezy contain packages using this new field?

Did you decide about throwing away DD built binaries?

* Joerg Jaspert [2011-03-27 10:56 +0200]:
> - We had some discussion about accepting ddebs into the archive but it
>   needs major changes to dak. We might accept them into experimental as
>   a first step for early testing but there is no code yet to support
>   this.

I assume you strongly prefer implementing ddebs the way it was worked on
during a Google summer of code 2009 project (which was the only sane
long-term solution for Debian before throwing away uploaded binary
packages was discussed) over the way Ubuntu generates ddebs since a few
years.  Is this correct?

The related questions Emil Langrock asked in [1] are still open:
| What is the direction we should follow for Wheezy[5]? Should we remove
| our special -dbg packages or at least stop to create new -dbg
| packages?

Regards
Carsten

 [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/03/msg00376.html