Re: enable/disable flags in /etc/default

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> writes:
> The problem was at least until update-rc.d grew the «disable» argument
> that disabling a daemon using update-rc.d was quite hard.

update-rc.d foo disable is indeed convenient.

update-rc.d and policy-rc.d are currently two separate interfaces. If I
want to make sure that a service is never started I need to modify both:

1) policy-rc.d to make sure that the service does not start when the
package is installed/upgraded/logrotated

2) update-rc.d to make sure that the service does not start on boot.

In

I tried to draft a solution that'd give me centralized control over
services.