Re: Release file changes

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 12398 March 1977, Joey Hess wrote:
>
>>> until today our Release files included 3 Hashes for all their entries:
>>> MD5SUM, SHA1, SHA256. I just modified the code to no longer include
>>> MD5SUM in *all* newly generated Release files.
>> When will that affect Release files for stable? Next point release?
>> Because that unfortunatly completly breaks debmirror..
> Yep. debmirror, reprepro, debootstrap and cdebootstrap seem to be the
> tools that can't deal with this. The latter two are serious enough to
> keep the change away from oldstable forever, and stable at least until
> after next point release, should they get updated there.

Can we get this reverted at least until the major tools can actually
cope with the change (i.e. for the next point release)?  The fact that
this causes a regression in stable's debootstrap is rather
unfortunate.  Stable is called "stable" because its functionality
isn't supposed to suddenly change.

Best wishes,
Mike