Re: What should we do with iceweasel/xulrunner/libmozjs?

On 02/18/2011 05:42 AM, Axel Beckert wrote:
Hi,

Mike Hommey wrote:
- Push 3.6 to unstable and the last 4.0 betas/rc to experimental. Push
   4.0 to unstable when it's out.

That would be my favourite.

I use Conkeror (which is a XULRunner application and hence depends on
xulrunner) with 3.6 since it is in experimental and it works without
problems since a year or so. Ubuntu has the Debian package with just
slight modification of some defaults together with xulrunner-1.9.2 in
Lucid 10.04 LTS. They just had to backport a few upstream fixes.

[snip]

   Cons: We lose version 3.6, which has several advantages over 3.5, and
   keep 3.5, which is already very outdated.

Right. That's why I want to see 3.6 in unstable as soon as possible
independently of the state of 4.0.

I concur with Axel. Been using iceweasel 3.6 since soon after it hit experimental, and stuff like vlc/unstable work like a champ.

--
"The normal condition of mankind is tyranny and misery."
Milton Friedman