Re: What should we do with iceweasel/xulrunner/libmozjs?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:12:42AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
[iceweasel]
> - Push 3.6 to unstable and the last 4.0 betas/rc to experimental. Push
>   4.0 to unstable when it's out.

Extra effort for you.

> - Keep 3.5 in unstable, 3.6 in experimental, and push 4.0 to experimental
>   when it's released.
>   Cons: We lose version 3.6, which has several advantages over 3.5, and
>   keep 3.5, which is already very outdated.

Well, but is there any point in sinking work into it?  It's not like it's
going last more than a couple of months.  Any work you put into 3.6 reduces
the polish on 4.0 by that much.

Porting rdeps to 3.6 then to 4.0 would put additional strain on their
respective maintainers, too.  4.0->experimental now and ->unstable when it's
released would minimize the amount of unnecessary work, while giving 4.0
more exposure.  It is stable enough for daily use, too.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be