Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

Hi

After reading this thread, I've got a strange thought.

So teams maintaining important projects in Debian can't handle the load
caused by bug report stream.

Large presentange of bugs actually as upstream bugs. If so, upstream should
be interested in that information non less than in any other information
about bugs in their software.

Also, upstream should be interested in having their software in
distributions in as good shape as possible - distributions are *the*
channel how most users get upstream's software.

Then, maybe explicitly request upstream - at appropriate forums and in
appropriate polite wording - to help debian team(s) to handle the bug
report stream?

Sure this will cause requests to put bug report into upstream trackers.
Situation with this has been described within this thread, and this
information - in brief form - could be presented to upstreams.

I think this method could attact additional resource into solving the
problem being discussed in this thread.

Just wanted to share my thought.

Nikita