Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

Zitat von "Ansgar Burchardt" <ansgar@debian.org>:

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:
Currently, the debian Qt/KDE team has around 800 open, non-forwarded
bugs reported against their packages. I would guess that maybe 20 of
them is packaging issues. But we can't find them.
The rest of the bugs (780 open-non forwarded (and 300 forwarded)) is
pure upstream issues.

Ubuntu has a team (Bug Squad[1]) that tries to triage incoming bug
reports, including forwarding them upstream when applicable.

I don't know how successful this is, but if it has success, then maybe
we could try to recruit volunteers for a similar team in Debian as well?
This should of course include mentoring them a bit as well.

I've some bug reports for Ubuntu for my software that are _clearly_ not related to it. It just happens to match the key words in its name.
So I don't think that I would call it "successful" :-/

HS