Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> And for ${deity}'s sake, people […] should stop talking about
> 'bikeshedding' [which has the condescending] implication: the
> discussion is useless.
>
> This discussion is not.
>
> We will have to live with whatever group name we choose now for
> *years*, so better carefully choose it now.

Bravo! Just because some discussions about details are futile, many
discussions about details are necessary to avoid future problems. The
mis-application of the “bikeshed” label is toxic to fixing small
problems before they become bigger.

Thanks, Christian.

--
 \      “I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. |
  `\     But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take |