Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
> Quoting Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org):

>> Any already-existing group is going to have the problem that some sites
>> will already be using it for something else.  We put all sysadmins in

> Isn't that the same for any kind of clever group name we'll find?
> Unless we choose something really weird, there will always be someone
> already using that name....

> Maybe sudo is not that bad, after all..:-)

> another idea: "sudoroot"?

Yeah, that's the argument for using something relatively obscure, although
I agree with the point that using Debian-* for this probably isn't wise
since those are really for local system groups that the sysadmin shouldn't
have to think about and which are artifacts of specific packages.

Really, ideally, this is something that would be standardized across
distributions.

I like sudoroot, personally, but I think sudo is probably okay.