RE: suggestion about debian devel extension

Dear Pabs:

> I was going to add it but I note the site seems to only list 21 out of
> the thousands of source packages in Debian. I don't think it is
> currently useful enough to add a debian.net domain alias. Please let
> me know if that changes.

     There are many limitations for free web storage:
                 1. total storage is limited to 10G,  or smaller (1G)
                 2. without ssh
                 3.  upload files or size of each day is limited.
                 4.  shell exec time is limited

     Because of shortcomming 1, It is imporsible to upload many packages to the web.  The storage usage is 3G for now.

     Becuase of shortcomming 2, 3, 4,   uploading is really tedious and time-cosuming.

     Currently, there are about 50 packages in my local computer. For some huge packages, it is imporsible to upload them. For example, only the kernel-2.26.22 needs more than 20G storage.

      The analysis is not perfect now. Finding and removing the bug is still time-undeterment.

      So the answer: it will be change, but maybe not the same as your expection.

      (And more, the analysis for c++ is on the way. However, the result is a liittle mess and only the creator know what it means. The analysis for c++ is not practical within 18 or 24 months. Is it good news or bad news? )

> I would also suggest source.debian.net instead of osa.debian.net since
> it is more easy to remember.

    deal!

> AFAICT it hasn't been started yet, so don't hold your breath :)

     :(

best wishes,