Re: UPG and the default umask

On 19/05/10 22:20, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> btw: What happened to the idea of movin umask completely away from
> /etc/profile?
> I mean regardless of the discussion about UPGs and which value is the
> "best" default for umask, I found it to be a good idea to drop it there.

This is a good question. When I was changing my umask to 0002 a few
months ago web searches told me to look in login.defs, which told me to
use pam. So eventually I worked out how to change the umask in pam, but
it still didn't have any affect. It was only have further searching that
I discovered it was being overridden by /etc/profile.

Roger