Re: chromium-browser from experimental has included h.264 by default?

Il 12/05/2010 06:38, Reinhard Tartler ha scritto:
> TBH, I'm very skeptical. While I'm not sure why google has decided to
> choose astrange's branch/fork, I fear that there have been too many
> changes to the external public API that this is not going to work out.
> I'm basing this opinion on the Giuseppe's observation that Chromium does
> not even compile against ffmpeg 0.5 (debian' system) ffmpeg.

> It would be of course interesting to see how this works out with ffmpeg
> 0.6 (currently in NEW), but for totally unrelated reasons to this one, I
> fear it won't be processes as well, just like mplayer.

I already tried to compile against the ffmpeg in NEW, and it compiles
fine (and works fine). For this reason, waiting the new version in NEW,
the ugly hack for the current version in unstable was a tentative to
obtain a working chromium for users with and without debian-multimedia
repository in sources.list.

> For this reason, I think that chromium
> upstream is providing excellent security support for its copy of ffmpeg!

I full agree, I contacted the chromium security team some time ago
asking an help to triage all security vulnerabilities in our sec
tracker. I was impressed by their responsiveness and helpfulness.

Cheers,
Giuseppe.