Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

Hi,

Eduard Bloch wrote:
> First, it was readahead-fedora. Second, I followed that README now and
> updated readahead collection. Now they take both about 29 seconds, so I
> don't win anything with readahead.

That's definitely a bug, please file it (don't forget to include a bootchart
of both cases, a bit of info about the hw like if you have only a hdd, ssds,
partitions, etc., preferably together with the /etc/readahead.d/custom.*
lists -- just make sure there's nothing "private" in them.)

[last post about this in -devel as it is sort of off-topic]

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net