Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 06:15:24PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2010 09:26:18 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> >The init.d world has changed quite a bit in recent years and might
> >change even more in the next, it is possible that for Squeeze+1 we'll
> >want to be elsewhere than at CONCURRENCY=makefile.
>
> If we want to be elsewhere for squeeze+1, why do we need to do a
> critical migration twice?

(Beside the nitpick on "we want" vs "we possibly want") I'd argue that
it's because we want a faster boot from our users ASAP. More
importantly, I was trying to understand whether the migration really is
critical, as the shown bug list didn't seem to imply that.

Cheers.