Re: Modifying a file from another package (rather than replacing it)

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 07:53:41PM +0100, Malte Forkel wrote:
> Am 25.12.2010 13:25, schrieb Ben Hutchings:
> > If you cannot accomplish what you want using an existing hook then
> > perhaps you should ask the pbuilder maintainer to add a new hook.
>
> Well, a new hook probably won't do. I've written to additional
> "commands": buildmodule and buildootmodule. One patches and packages
> single kernel modules, the other builds out-of-tree kernel modules with
> module-assistant and dkms. In both cases, the idea is to do this for a
> well-defined kernel, independent of the host machine's environment.

Why can't this be part of pbuilder itself?  Did your patches got
rejected by the pbuilder author and if so, what was his rationale?
Maybe if he thinks they should not be part of pbuilder, they shouldn't
be part of another package either.

Michael