Re: Modifying a file from another package (rather than replacing it)

On Sat, 2010-12-25 at 13:19 +0100, Malte Forkel wrote:
> Hi (and happy hollidays)!
>
> I've written a couple of extensions to pbuilder. When my package gets
> installed, a file from the pbuilder package (/usr/sbin/pbuilder) must be
> modified for my extension to work. I'm looking for the "proper" way to
> apply a patch to that file.
[...]

This is not a good idea.  What happens if the patch fails?  What if two
packages try to patch pbuilder?

If you cannot accomplish what you want using an existing hook then
perhaps you should ask the pbuilder maintainer to add a new hook.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings