Re: Notification escape sequences

On Dec 03, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:

> I think having this facility would be great, but the titlebar bugs we
> saw some years ago showed us, again, that inline signalling is bad.  If
> there's a way to do this as an out-of-band signal, I'd be all for it.
Over a generic terminal session? I don't think so. The best I can think
about is automatically opening a secondary channel to "something" over
the ssh connection, but this would not work easily with multiple hops.

> As for those who say «you can be DoS-ed», well, you already can, if
> there's a rougue application it can send you loads of data, it can force
> titlebar changes all the time, etc.
Indeed. I am not sure that this is the best possible implementation but
I could surely use this kind of remote notifications.

--
ciao,
Marco