Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:22:51AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Mark Brown]

> > Honestly I'd have expected something like this to show up on -devel,
> > or at least -devel-announce, at some point.

> And I do not expect it, I must admit.  Everyone do not get a say on
> most decisions made in Debian, and this is a good thing to speed up
> development and keep the overhead of decisions low.  This time you
> (and I) did not get to provide input on the visual profile for
> Squeeze, but a lot of people were involved in the process and I trust
> them to do good work.  I see no need for a rematch, nor any need to
> try to overrule those doing this work.  I believe it is well within
> the scope and authority of the desktop group to make such decision,
> and am happy there are people working on the visual profile in Debian.

It's something that's apparently controversial within the team working
on it, has a rather noticable impact on the distribution and is getting
changed when we're considerably into the freeze.  All of these things
point to being cautious about changes and consulting widely, especially
the late in the freeze bit - this is going to make it extremely difficult
to deal with any issues that might be noticed.