Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

Paul Wise wrote:
>There was the possibility of mentioning the poll in DPN, but it was
>noted that the deadline already passed. It was suggested that the
>poll was quite short. It was suggested a more widely advertised and
>longer running selectricity poll might have been a good idea. It was
>noted that the email poll was simply an internal decision making
>tool. Someone thought that it was kinda weird to have the poll only
>limited to this list.

Um, yes. For something that's going to be so visible to many users, a
wider-spread mention would be appreciated, and a poll running longer
than 48 hours at a weekend.

In terms of the artwork choice itself (SpaceFun), I've seen a lot of
comments along the lines of "looks like something even my kids would
reject for looking too childish". I wouldn't go quite that far myself,
but I can understand the sentiment. :-(

Please check again with a wider audience.

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth