Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:26:01PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Ok, that's my last mail on the subject, I'll try to explain it *again*,
> one last time.
>
> I really think things could have done better. I think things could have
> done better since 3 releases, to be honest. Now nobody hide the fact
> that Debian artwork work is done on debian-desktop list (since 3
> releases at least). Everybody could have sent his opinion *before*.
> We're running out of time since quite some time already, we need to get
> this done *now*.

I've been following the discussion on -desktop and, FWIW, I thank you
for having established a decision process. More generally, I thank the
-desktop team for having worked on the topic, a topic to which nobody
was paying attention to even if it was self-evident that time was
ticking out.

Let's not forget that do-ocracy is the default decision making device in
Debian: who does the work, gets to decide. A nice feature of do-ocracy
is that it is very easy to get an opportunity to decide: just do the
work :-)

So please, go ahead in implementing your decision, and thanks for that.

> To all people criticizing the decision-making process, feel free to be
> here on time for Wheezy, participate in theme making, discussion,
> packaging, whatever, I really think we need sensible input on this.

I'm confident that everybody which is now unhappy on how the decision
has been made will be there for Wheezy, helping out -desktop starting
from day 1 of the development cycle.  Of course input from everyone is
welcome also on how similar matters should be decided *in the future*,
but I believe comments should be better postponed past Squeeze release,
when we will all be way more relaxed and in planning mode.

Cheers.