Re: How to add dependencies that exist in another repository

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:35:34AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> I have a package my-apt-config that installs the gpg key for the local
>> repository, a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ file, /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ file
>> and /etc/apt/preferences.d/ file with all the right settings for me.
>
> I completely agree but did not managed to get /etc/apt/preferences.d/
> working as expected.  Did I missed a piece of documentation or can you
> provide any working example.
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

I just placed a file ther for pining like this:

mrvn@frosties:~% cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/pin
Package: *
Pin: release v=666.0,o=Debian,a=unstable,n=sid,l=Debian,c=main
Pin-Priority: 666

mrvn@frosties:~% apt-cache policy
Package files:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
 666 http://chocos/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
     release v=666.0,o=Debian,a=unstable,n=sid,l=Debian,c=main
     origin chocos
Pinned packages:

MfG
        Goswin